Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One Year on July 22



Well Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary since my dad passed away. I still cant even believe that he is really gone. The past yr has been so hard not having him here. I don't really think it has gotten any easier. Maybe things would be different if only we had a chance to say goodbye! I miss him so much and think about him everyday! Tomorrow is going to be hard thinking about that day and having all those feelings come back. What i wouldn't give to have him here with us again! Life was so perfect with him here. I love you dad and miss you!


Quick update:
I haven't blogged forever or even posted pictures..We bought a house in mesa and were currently in the process of remodeling it. So when its all done i ll post before and after pictures. We have been living with the Steiner's and everything is packed up in boxes which is why i cant upload any pictures. But hopefully with in a week or so we can get settled in our new home! Other than that my pregnancy is going great! We have decided to name the new baby Grant which is after my dad s middle name! We are so excited for him to come. As for Tatum she is a little firecracker these days. That girl has more energy than anyone i know! She is getting so big and talks all the time. She loves saying hi to just about everyone. Her favorite things to do is swimming and taking baths! But its usually always a meltdown with her after you take her out and get her dressed!

4 comments:

porter and karla said...

all i can say is that i love you and totally know how hard this day is. ours will be 2 years on the 29th. im here for ya. sorry i missed your calls today, bad bad night and tried gettung sleep any time my crazy toddler would let me. ill call you tomorrow.p.s. i love your sons name and cant wait to meet him! you are going to love having a litle boy:)

Jami said...

jenny, I totally understand your feeling! It is almost like you can't even help the feelings you are having...does that makes sense? That first year is so hard, and then at the end you it is even harder, b/c you don't feel better, and you feel hopeless. I am so sorry that you and your family has to go thought this. I will say that is does get somewhat easier. It takes SO MUCH FREAKING TIME! It is unreal how much time you have to spend grieving!
Also, Tatum is just like Grace. Only Grace has been pooping in the tub....AHHH, GROSS!

damonandkami said...

I cant believe its already been a year! Time is flying by! And by the way I love the name Grant! We definately need to schedule pictures soon! Call me friend! love ya!

bmann said...

We've been thinking about your family a lot this past week. I'm sure it's been rough for guys. I love the name Grant after your dad for your little guy, it's perfect! I can't wait to see how your house is coming along!