Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sigh.......2 years


Well Tomorrow will just be an ordinary day for most people but as for my family we will hit the 2 year mark with my dad being gone. Has it really been 2 years? Was Tatum really only 9 months old when he died? It feels like just yesterday when my dad was in the hospital and i called him wishing him good luck on his surgery and asking silly questions like "are you scared for the procedure? Or.... Dad are you going to die? I still remember his laugh when i asked him that!( I am the big over dramatic one in the family) And with him replying.." Haha jenny i am not going to die. its a simple procedure that they do a million times a day! And no i am not scared its an adventure. I ended the call with i love you dad. Who would of thought that would have been the last time i talk to him! Sometimes i wander if it would have been easier if we would have had the chance to say good-bye! Instead of a very sudden death.
Even though i didn't have the chance to say good bye like i had hoped for. I was able to in my dreams! I had a dream a while ago that my dad called me and said heavenly father didn't let you have a good bye but he is letting you now! I said everything i wanted to say to him in my dream! And the best part is it felt so real! That s one dream i ll hang on to!(which is why i am writing it in this cuz i forget a lot of stuff!)
Iam so grateful for my family! We are such a close and strong family! even more so going through this! I love you Dad! Thanks for being such an amazing father to us. We miss you terribly!

I would add more but Tatum is screaming her head off- (that s odd She never cries)Iam kidding for those of you who dont know me.

6 comments:

Jaron & Abby said...

Oh that makes me so sad! If I was there I'd spend the whole day with you. I love you so much Jen! Your dad is an amazing person. And I'm also so thankful for him because he gave me my best friend and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

Devin & Ruthann said...

That dream sounds so sweet:) What a great blessing!

Morgan Lauren & Emery said...

honestly jenny! what a neat experience you got to have! most people don't get those...you need to write it down in more detail so you can really remember and relive it whenever you get missing him more that usual...;) oh, and i love that Abby said "your dad IS an amazing person" instead of "was" you know? it keeps him in the present instead of the past... which is right where he should be!

Tanner and Shasta said...

I was thinking about you guys on Thursday. He is so lucky to have you guys and your sweet mom. Your dream sounds amazing. :)

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing Jenny. We certainly haven't forgotten about your dad. I didn't even know him well, but he seemed like such a neat guy. Hope your heart keeps healing, although I'm sure there will always be a little piece missing, that will only be filled when you get to see your dad again. Lots of love.
Heidi

porter and karla said...

You are amazing Jenny and I love you so. Your dad is so proud of who you are keeping a close eye on his little grandkids from up above. Him and my mom are probibly bffs by now:)